Saturday, September 5, 2015

Welcome to Kindergarten

Many of you came to orientation, some with reservations and some with excited smiles. I am looking forward to this brand new school year with your child and know this will be the best year yet. The  kindergarten year is the time where students learn to love school through play, song, arts and crafts, and storytelling. Students come to my class excited about learning and most times don't even realize they are learning through all the fun.

I enjoy creating a growth-minded atmosphere for my students and myself. It is my goal to continuously grow as an educator in order to provide your child with the best education possible. With that said, I also believe and have seen that the highest growth in students comes from teachers who are willing and learning to adapt to meet student needs and parents who are also supporting their student and teacher at home. A parent or teacher working alone can achieve good things, but when both the parent and teacher work together, GREAT things can be achieved. I have seen this happen! Remember, "it takes a village." 

Keep in mind that I am here for any and all concerns you might have. Kindergarten is a big year for students and parents alike. I remember my daughter's first day of kindergarten like it was yesterday and I'll never forget that feeling of hesitation and excitement all in one bundled up mess. I knew what I wanted her teacher to be like and the expectations I had set upon her without even speaking them aloud. I know how you are feeling and I guarantee I have your child's best interest at heart. Even though we will work hard at our seats, we will also share many laughs, dances, wiggles, chants, and paint covered/marshmallowy/dirt filled hands.  

Thank you for all your emails letting me know how happy you were to meet me, as I was just as happy to meet you and your child. Have a fantastic weekend and I'll see you and/or your child on Tuesday!

Mrs. Kristin O'Leary

No comments :

Post a Comment